- I can watch lectures in bed (sorry Mark).
- It helps me be an independent woman. Because whatever the problem, someone probably already wrote about it on the Internet.
- It provides me with valuable information (did you know otters hold hands when they sleep?).
- I get to fight out arguments via text (I mean, it’s great, you get twice as much time to think about what you’re saying AND you get to angrily eat popcorn in the meantime).
- Innocent stalking. Great way to procrastinate.
- I get to ignore texts (and I can get away with it too!).
- Yahoo Questions and Answers. For entertainment.
- I can look up reviews before I spend money on products.
- I can express myself in ways I could never express myself in person.
- Whenever I feel sad, I have the option to watch a dramatic film to help me put my emotions into perspective.
- Hedgehog videos.
Published by Life in Media
Website dedicated to the Media Life/Life in Media project of Mark Deuze, Professor of Media Studies, University of Amsterdam (The Netherlands).
View more posts